Sunday 11 March 2012

Post Production

Detail the progression you made post production...


My first introduction to filming and editing was when I first started the Media Studies course in year 12. At the beginning of the course we made both a preliminary magazine and short video. Considering the magazine we had to make a basic school magazine front cover and the progression of this to the final magazine task was significant. My skills on the use of Photoshop improved and developed quickly, allowing my creativity to be presented more professionally. I became more aware of the features I had to include and how to incorporate them into my magazine efficiently through the use of Photoshop. I developed from making a front cover, contents page and double page spread to a CD digipack and magazine advert in A2. As an example I used a sharpening and brightening tool in AS to define my artist more and to make the cover bolder to appeal to the audience. In A2 I continued to use the same technique however I used the burnt tool to darken some of the colours as this represents the genre of music I've chosen.


In AS we also make a short 2 minute film of a conversation that we had to edit and this was my first introduction to post production regarding filming. Although editing a video is a lot more advanced than photoshop I still feel that my skills in using digital technology to present my work creatively have developed from the short video in A2 to a music video in A2. I became more aware of what technologies there were that I could use and I adapted to them to ensure I was editing my work to my best ability. For example in AS we didn't include effects as we focused mainly only cutting shots and making them flow well together. Whereas in A2 I furthered my skills by using brightening effects to present professionalism in the studio shots as this is common in videos and it also presents my artist as professional and established. As well as this I used effects such as slow motion and also speed up as the quick, fast shots are a common generic convention of my style of music/music video. I was also able to further use these skills in my evaluations, as I used the same technology to present an answer to a question which I feel presents my skills of post production editing. 


I took into account media language such as the Mise en scene; for example the clothing and what this connotes and also editing and the possible techniques I could use and what this also presents. For example the fashionable clothes present my artist as a style icon which aspires to her target audience. I was also aware of representation in terms of presenting my artist Eve as dominant, admirable and inspirational to the audience which is key in reaching them. Also I took into account the audience's perspective ensuring I was making Eve popular. I encouraged my audience to make the link between the ancillary products and the music video; therefore specifically chose to focus on just Eve in the video to help the audience make the links. In terms of insitutions I looked at record labels to help find the suitable one to use for my digipack. This is a common feature on digipacks therefore i chose to include it to add proffesionalism and a realistic element.

No comments:

Post a Comment